Presentation: SYMPATIC is a strategic partnership (Erasmus +, Key Action 2) coordinated by France.
The situation of youth employment, young people under 30, remains alarming. Many countries in Europe have very high rates of youth unemployment, although many of them have higher education and master. SYMPATIC will work on the creation of a reliable network with companies in the tourism sector. These companies will be the other key actors in the development of the project since they will provide guidance and follow-up to the young people in their mobility to develop soft and hard competencies for employment.
Duration : 26 months (10/2019 – 12/2021)
- Create a link between companies that recruit on a regular basis (i.e tourism sectors: guides, drivers, information centres, accommodation, catering / restaurant industry, selling, seasonal jobs) and young people looking for a job.
- Draw a panorama of the job market (needs and demands) and job vacancies in the sectors
–Download here the executive summary
- Train employers to be tutors of young people
- Facilitate the integration of young people in the labour market at national level and abroad
- Train social workers/mobility providers / VET providers to be job coach
-download the Mentors Kit
-download the annexes of the Mentors Kit
- Enable young people to get trained during a mobility and come back with the necessary competences to integrate the labour market
- Facilitate the recognition of the acquired competences
- A facilitated labor integration for young people after a mobility
- A process of recruitment that starts before the mobility / VET & a better communication between young people and employers
- A trustful relationship between the young person, the job coach and the tutor / employer
- A network of companies in different countries that are recruiting on a regular basis and their vacancies
- A pool of young people on the online platform that are “available” and competent to apply for the job vacancies
Coordinator: Eurocircle (France)
Partner countries: Cyprus, Germany, Italy, France, Germany